10 Things I have learned in 20106:19 PM
1. Stay true to who you are and don’t worry about pleasing other people. Someone will always have something to say no matter what. Who cares? As long as you love yourself and do what makes you happy (and not hurting anyone), it’s all good. I embrace my love for Audrey Hepburn, Payless shoes, thrift store shopping, purple hair streaks, polka dots and Doc Martens. (This is dedicated to Donna A.)
2. Make a decision and stick by it. (Thanks Lorraine)
3. Don’t rush into a relationship…get to know a person before you commit to them. (Thanks Mr. 10 kids!) That goes for friendships too! Sometimes someone can seem really cool but turn out to be a “single white female” case. SMH. Be careful of who you let into your inner circle. There are only so many chairs at the roundtable.
4. Stop holding others to the same high standards I hold for myself. I am only setting myself up for disappointment because those people are not me so I should not expect them to act as I would. (Thanks Mr. J and Andie)
5. Words don’t hold any worth. Paper thin! That and $2.25 will get you a ride on the subway or bus. But actions will tell you what a person really feels about you. (Thanks Mr. Confused, Mr. 10 Kids, Mr. I'm-Too-Busy and Mr. I-Have-A-Girlfriend-But-We’re-Not-Exclusive). SMDH
6. A little makeup, a pretty dress and some heels can go a long way in making you feel like a new woman. Now if I can just figure out about this primer business and prevent wrinkles from ever surfacing, I’ll be good, lol. Help, Rosie!
7. It’s okay to fail. As long as you don’t let it stop you from getting back up and starting over. Just learn from the failure and keep it moving. Life is not perfect but sometimes things don’t go your way for a reason. It actually is a blessing. (Thanks Trina!)
8. I’m not going to get the things I want when I want them. I will get the things I need when I am ready for them. Have to trust God’s timing and have faith that he knows what’s best for me. (Thanks Jae and Lorraine!)
9. Love me as I am today. Not minus 25 pounds from now. Rock the body I have now and be as fabulous as I can be. Don’t be afraid to show certain parts of my body. Just because you’re covering up does not mean it suddenly makes you appear 100 pounds thinner. I’m a fat girl and I love all my lumps and bumps. Now where’s that 1-shoulder dress I want?
10. Don't put off changes to be made until New Year's. The time is now. Tomorrow is not guaranteed so let's get started!
Me Thinks 2011 is going to be a great year! I feel good things coming my way. : )