Fearless Fashion: Looking Cute in Camo9:00 AM
I've loved camo since I was a kid. I don't know why but it just called to me. But back then, camo was more masculine and I like a feminine touch to my looks. But that didn't stop me from wearing camo tees I scored at the Army surplus store tied with a knot to the side over my cargo pants and Doc Martens. Add some huge hoop earrings, a cat eye and some red lipstick and off I went. That was my signature look in college and to say I stood out among the sea of students, is an understatement.
So imagine my excitement when I found out camo was back as a fashion trend and was being paired with sequins, used in dresses and being femmed up in jackets and tops. I was Snoopy dancing for days!
And of course, Lane Bryant fed my fashion wants by offering a few camo pieces. There was a jacket I had my eye on but it sold out fast. But I did manage to score a pleated midi dress and a tee that was so dope that it is one of my favorites this fall. It says "Lipstick Diamonds Champagne" on the front and has a nice v-neck. (The tee has since sold out as well)
I wore the tee during New York Fashion Week last month and learned that red goes well when paired with camo. My red jacket and red shoes are from Lane Bryant as well. I had no idea! See, this is why it is so important to mix different colors and play around with pieces to create different looks.
|Me with celebrity stylist Susan Moses, who I am blessed to know|
- Red ponte knit moto jacket from Lane Bryant - click here (I need the blue one in my life!)
- Lipstick tee from Lane Bryant - SOLD OUT :-(
- Right Fit jeans (Curvy fit) in black from Catherines - click here
- Faux Suede Ballet Flat in Venetian Red from Lane Bryant - click here (these are so comfy that I am going to get a pair in black too)
- Pleated camo dress - click here
- Jacket is sold out similar here from Fashion to Figure, which I also have in a 3x and LOVE!
- Extra Wide Calf Harness Riding Boot - click here